Awards season is underway, so what makes an award-winning HR and payroll provider?
Awards Season is in full swing and all eyes are on the front runners of the film and television industry. In 2018 we’ve seen the Golden Globes, the Grammy Awards and the BAFTAs amongst others, and tomorrow (Sunday 4th March 2018) is the 90th annual Academy Awards (Oscars). Whilst we have been thinking about the best films, directors, costume designers and actors for the past couple of months, we thought we would put payroll and HR into the spotlight and look at what makes a specific service or product award-winning.
- Flexibility. Can you customise reports and see exactly what you want to see?
- Real time visibility. First class payroll software should allow you to access your data in real time and with up-to-the-minute accuracy.
- GDPR compliant. GDPR comes into effect in just a couple of months (May 25th) and your payroll provider should already be demonstrating that they are compliant, or that they will definitely be compliant as soon as that date rolls around.
- Gender pay gap reporting. Nowadays a payroll software that doesn’t facilitate this is not going to be winning any awards.
- Customer care. You should be able to rely on your provider and know that should you have any questions or queries that there is someone on the end of the phone or computer who will help you right away. HR and Payroll providers should always have dedicated helplines
- Does your provider have the certifications that to back up their claims? ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 and 22301 are some to look out for. ISO 27001 is particularly important if you’re concerned about protecting your company data under GDPR
- Overseas expertise. Many providers claim they can do international HR and payroll, but does yours actually have people with the local knowledge to ensure that they really understand the location, language and legislation?
- World-class. Who else does your supplier work with? Look for client companies, case studies and partnerships. It says a lot about who you might be getting into bed with.
- Legally compliant. You need to know 100% that you are fully compliant for payroll and HR purposes anywhere and everywhere that you do business. This is non-negotiable and your service provider should know this!
- Safe and secure. Your provider should give you peace of mind that your data and that of your employees and company is safe and secure.
- Common language – Award winning international payroll is handled in your language, making it easy to be global. And cloud based HR systems that enable you to stay in touch and up to date with your team in any country, and any time zone mean you’re in control.
Winning isn’t everything, however it gives credibility, recognition and prestige to whatever has won the award. The best payroll and HR service providers will have award wins to back up their claims. IRIS FMP is a multi-award winning company with several prestigious wins under our belt. We also have numerous vital accreditations and this should give you the peace of mind to know that we can be trusted to do justice to your HR and payroll requirements, whoever and wherever you are.