Hiring employees in Australia
Jump to Download
Download our guide to employing staff in Australia
Our team of international HR, payroll, compensation & benefits experts have created this guide to help you maximise your people investment as part of your organisation’s global expansion plans.
This expert guidance will help you to understand the employment framework required to maintain a compliant workforce and avoid claims via Australia’s national workplace relations tribunal service.
We also detail the mandatory social security requirements such as ‘Medicare Levy’ and ‘Workers Compensation Insurance’ – plus layout the workplace benefits required to compete for local or global talent when recruiting an Australia workforce.
The full contents of the detailed guide to employing staff in Australia are as follows:
- Employment of Foreigners within Australia
- Employment Contracts
- Probationary Periods
- Standard Working Hours, Overtime
- Statutory Annual Vacation Entitlements & Public Holidays
- Personal / Carer’s & Compassionate Leave
- Family Leave including Parental Leave & Flexible Working Requests
- Other Leaves – Family and Domestic Violence, Long Service & Community Service Leave
- Social Security Coverage
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Supplementary Benefits
- Termination of Employment
- Industrial Relations
- Data Protection
This country guide is intended to be a summary of the major areas of employment law & HR practice and does not constitute legal or HR advice. The guidance was correct at the time of publishing and professional advice should always be sought as specific needs arise.