ON24 grow their company across the Asia Pacific region with support from IRIS FMP
ON24 are an award-winning MarTech SaaS company focused on the Webinar and Virtual events market. ON24 are a niche provider of virtual events software and have been rapidly growing globally over the past few years. They are currently headquartered in San Francisco, California.
ON24 had experienced the common challenges relating to hiring and retaining high quality sales talent within the Asia Pacific region, namely across Australia, Singapore and Japan. This is a key growth region for ON24 as part of their ambitious global expansion plans. IRIS FMP introduced Launch Global after successfully providing HR and payroll solutions in the Asia Pacific region to help solve some of these challenges.
Understanding how to hire the best talent in the market is critical to our clients as the expansion and market entry landscape becomes more complex. Here, IRIS FMP proved to be an invaluable asset to ON24 in providing a solution in driving their APC hiring strategy.
There are many challenges that can come with recruitment alongside a global expansion; both common and the unforeseen. The more pedestrian issues that are somewhat inevitable in a saturated recruitment industry (ie benchmarking your business against others, having an attractive compensation and benefits package to offer, attracting and retaining the best talent, to name but a few) can be overshadowed when the mission is on an international scale.
Additionally, hiring in a completely new country, or countries, with no prior experience of the legislative obligations and no knowledge of local cultural norms can make any people-centric task very challenging.
Based in San Francisco, ON24 were recruiting for a salesperson in Singapore a vacancy they had been trying to fill for several months. In recruitment specifically, it can be tempting to spend a lot of time manging the procedures and processes; time which could be better spent focusing on the candidates.
Retention is also an increasing issue, particularly in today’s employment climate where it is now the norm in many countries, cultures and demographics for people to change roles frequently throughout their working lives.
The adopted approach follows our successfully tried and tested process:
- Understanding and embedding ourselves within the business and the people leading the hiring process, allowing us to gain insight into what the hiring issues are and what a successful candidate profile is.
- Identifying key talent across the target geographies, initially focusing on background and experience using an array of media sources. Through this process, we obtain publicly available data on potential candidates, such as backgrounds and key interests. This enables us to make a targeted and personalized approach to identified candidates. With ON24, this methodology transformed the candidate engagement rate from the industry average of 9% to an impressive 34%.
- We thoroughly screened our shortlist of 22 candidates, assessing them against the position, culture and personality fit for the business.
- We then worked closely with ON24, providing guidance and management of the entire feedback cycle between the candidates and business leaders, with a continuous candidate assessment for level of interest to maximize the chance of a positive outcome.
- We managed the offer process, consulting with ON24 to agree on a package that satisfied all parties, through to the smooth onboarding process.
IRIS FMP’s recruitment solution combines world class international HR consultancy with the ability to hire the best talent in the world.
We have access to modern, cutting-edge recruitment tools and techniques that have evolved over the years to meet the demand of the highest quality talent in an over-saturated market.
Supported by decades of experience, we use AI, bots, data, automation, gamification and video to ensure an increased quality of hire and an efficient process from the start. The service we offer is tailored to the territory(ies) you are hiring in, offering you peace of mind that country-specific legislation is taken care of.
By diving into the available data on potential candidates we can make an informed decision about those who we deduce will be interested in the specific role and company. It maximizes response rates but also streamlines the process and ensures the time of busy HR teams is well spent.
Personalized, targeted approaches including video messages referencing business and personal interests work to engage the individual and improve engagement rates in both quality and quantity.
- The industry average candidate engagement rate is 9%. For this challenging sales vacancy we reached 34%.
- Stringent data scraping reduced the number of approaches made to potential candidates who were ultimately not interested.
- Every stage is engaging and exciting for the candidate, increasing their interest and faith in your company from the get go.
- A successful onboarding has resulted in us working across the entire Asia Pacific region with ON24 to further support them.
The sales role we successfully fulfilled for ON24 was initially open for many months before our involvement. With our state of the art technology, decades of experience and comprehensive understanding of international markets we filled the salesposition and achieved an outstanding candidate engagement rate.
This positive experience has resulted in further collaboration with the ON24 HR team as we carry out our approach across the entire Asia Pacific region, supporting their high demand for growth within these territories.
Find out more about our merger and acquisitions services.
Request a call back or call us today